Emmanuel College, 76; Milwaukee School of Engineering, 34
Emmanuel College Saints (6-4, 0-0 GNAC)
Milwaukee School of Engineering Raiders (4-6, 4-1 NACC)
Las Vegas, Nevada. – South Point Arena
Tuesday, December 29, 2019
THE LEAD: A first-half double-double by senior Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (Cambridge, Mass.) lifted Emmanuel College to a 76-34 victory over Milwaukee School of Engineering on Sunday afternoon in Women's Basketball action at the 10th Annual D3Hoops.com Classic out in Las Vegas, Nevada.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ramirez-Tejeda opened the action with a pair of buckets to give EC a quick 4-0 lead early on.
- Emmanuel closed out the first quarter on a 13-0 run fueled by three straight triples from first year shooting guard Caitlin Barker (Plainville, Conn.) to put the Saints on top 21-6 after one.
- EC continued the flurry with an 8-0 spurt to open the second quarter, extending the overall streak to 21-0, capped by a three by junior guard Jamad Fiin (Boston, Mass.) to extend the lead to 28-6.
- Emmanuel dominated the rest of the half to take a 41-13 cushion into the break, holding MSEO to a dismal 18.5% shooting percentage (5-for-27) in the stanza.
- A tight third quarter went in favor of the Saints by one point, a 15-14 margin to put EC on top 56-27 heading into the final frame.
- EC coasted to the win, outscoring the Raiders 20-7 in the final quarter to pick up a 76-34 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ramirez-Tejeda closed the action with 14 points and a game-high 11 rebounds, all of which came in the first half.
- Barker finished the afternoon with a game and career-high 16 points on a season-best four three pointers.
- Sophomore Polina Ocvhinnikova (Moscow, Russia) chipped in with a career-best seven points in 15 minutes of action.
- MSOE junior forward Lexi Maruga (Anamosa, Iowa) paced the Raiders with a team-best eight points.
- Emmanuel finished the action connecting on nine three pointers, a season-high.
- The Saints return to action tomorrow afternoon against Keene State College at 5:00 PM EST while the Raiders are idle until January 4 when they play host to Lakeland at 4:15 PM in NACC action.