Score: Emmanuel College, 378
Location: South Shore Country Club – Hingham, Mass.
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2018
THE LEAD: With only four players competing, the Eastern Nazarene golf team topped the EC Saints Invitational field Thursday afternoon in the four team field at South Shore Country Club. The Lions combined to shoot a 339, besting Wentworth by seven strokes to take home the team victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nick Knisel of Mitchell bested the field with a medalist score of 74, carding a 35 on the front nine followed by a 39 on the back side.
- The only other player in the field to break 80 was Jacob Waldroop from ENC, firing a 78 with 39's on both the front and back nine.
- Wentworth's squad saw its top four scores in the 80's with Jack McGrath leading the way with a team-low round of 84 out of the #5 lineup spot.
- Emmanuel senior Anthony Springthorpe (Swampscott, Mass.) played well for the Saints, collecting a team-best 87 followed by junior Taylor Kieselback (Wethersfield, Conn.) who finished the round with an 89.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints are still looking to get out of the basement as today's fourth place team finish marks the fourth consecutive match that they squad has placed fourth out of a four-team field.
- Waldroop has been solid for Eastern Nazarene all season, averaging a 79.5 score over his six competition dates.
- The 368 team score for Mitchell and 346 team score for Wentworth were both their highest combined scores this season, while Emmanuel's 378 was five strokes below the team's average score through five matches (383).
- Emmanuel returns to action this weekend for their first two-day tournament of the fall season at the Elms Blazer Fall Invitational. The Saints head to Amherst, Mass. to play Hickory Ridge Country Club for rounds on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.