Score: Emmanuel College 370
Location: George Wright Golf Course – Hyde Park, Mass.
Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2018
THE LEAD: The Saints golf team finished in fourth place with a team total of 370 at their second invitational of the year on Tuesday afternoon at the George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park, Mass. Elms College took first place with a total of 321, followed in second place by Suffolk University with 327.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel's Jack Scavone (Auburn, Mass.) led the Saints with a total of 85, while teammate Daniel Halloran (Lawrence, Mass.) was close behind with a total of 89.
- Senior David Bryne (Newport, R.I.) matched Halloran on the back nine with a score of 46, finishing the day with a total of 97.
- From Suffolk University, junior Owen Boggini (Tolland, Conn.) finished the day with a score of 74, the lowest total by two strokes.
- Elms College was able to come away victorious with a score of 370, led by junior duo Matt King (Feeding Hills, Mass.) and William Marchand's (Springfield, Mass.) combined score of 157.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dean College also competed in the invitational with a total score of 351.
- The Saints were able to beat their team total from last year's invitational at the George Wright Golf Course by five strokes.
- EC has one day off before hosting their third invitational of the year at the South Shore Country Club, hosting Eastern Nazarene, Mitchell and Wentworth on Thursday, October 4th at 12PM.