Score: Emmanuel College 411
Location: Shennecossett Golf Course – Groton, Conn.
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's golf team competed in the Mitchell Invitational on Wednesday afternoon at the beautiful Shennecossett Golf Course in Groton, Conn., scoring 411 as a team in the four team field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nick Knisel of Mitchell bested the field with a medalist score of 75 on his home course to lead the Mariners to a team score of 311 to top the field.
- Purchase College finished second overall with a score of 334 followed by Dean College in third with a team score of 348.
- Emmanuel freshman Daniel Halloran (Lawrence, Mass.) and sophmore William Richter (Oxford, Conn.) paced the Saints, each shooting a team-low of 99.
- Senior Daniel Van Auken (Natick, Mass.) and junior Iant Tait (Scituate, R.I.) made their 2018 debuts with scores of 106 and 107, respectively.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Saints team score of 411 was their highest combined total during the 2018 campaign.
- Last season at Shennecossett, the Saints posted a team score of 349 on Oct. 11, 2017.
- The Saints return to action next Tuesday, September 25 when they host the Saints Invitational at George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park, Mass. Tee times begin at 1:00 PM