Score: Emmanuel College 410
Location: Point Sebago Golf Resort – Casco, Maine
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's golf team kicked off the 2018 season on Tuesday afternoon in the John Queenan Memorial Tournament played at the Point Sebago Golf Resort in Casco, Maine. The Saints placed eighth overall with a team score of 410 while the University of Southern Maine won the event with a team score of 315.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In his first event at Emmanuel, freshman Daniel Halloran (Lawrence, Mass.) posted a 96 to lead the way for the Saints.
- Emmanuel sophomores William Richter (Oxford, Conn.) and Austin Benoit (Springfield, Mass.) posted a 101 and 106 respectively.
- Mike Rich (University of New England) was able to take the top medal honor with a score of 74, while Cam Letourneau (SJC) placed second with a final score of 75.
- University of Saint Joseph Connecticut was the only other GNAC school in the field, finishing second with a team score of 318.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel only sent five golfers to the match.
- Last year at the John Queenan Memorial, the Saints finished eighth overall to begin the season.
- Emmanuel returns to action on Wednesday, September 12 for the Emmanuel Invitational at William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park against Mitchell, Suffolk and Wentworth.