Score: Albertus Magnus College, 97; Emmanuel College, 82
Records: Albertus Magnus College Falcons (19-4, 8-2 GNAC); Emmanuel College Saints (18-6, 7-4 GNAC)
Location: New Haven, Conn. – Cosgrove Center
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020
THE LEAD: Senior guard Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) scored 39 points to tie the Emmanuel College men's basketball single-game scoring record Tuesday evening as the Saints fell in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action to Alberuts Magnus College, 97-82.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Riddick was on fire during the entire first half of play, scoring 33 of his 39 points on a near-perfect shooting performance going 9-for-11 from the field, 5-for-5 from behind the arc and 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
- Despite Riddick's scoring outburst, Emmanuel trailed at the break by a 53-49 score. The host Falcons led by as many as 14 in the stanza before EC closed out the half on a 7-0 spurt to make it a four point game heading into the locker room.
- The game stayed tight for the majority of the second half with Emmanuel cutting the deficit to a single possession with 6:57 to play following a free throw by Riddick for his 39th point of the action, cutting the score to 81-78.
- The Saints went cold down the stretch and Falcons closed out the game on a 16-2 run to seal the 97-82 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Riddick joins Rob Williams-Hinton '09 as the Saints single-game scoring leader as Williams-Hinton first accomplished the feat back on February 7, 2009 against Lasell College. Riddick's previous career-high was 30 which he scored back on December 2, 2017 vs. Mount Ida College.
- EC junior guard Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) added 14 points while junior forward Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) chipped in with 11 points and eight board.
- Junior forward Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.) registered 11 rebounds to go with eight points.
- Albertus Magnus senior guard Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) finished with a career-high 34 points on his senior night while the backcourt duo of Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.) and Terry Dawkins (Bronx, N.Y.) scored 18 and 14 points, respectively.
- The Saints close out the regular-season on Saturday, February 22 in Nashua, N.H. against Rivier University at 1:00 PM. A win would keep EC in the hunt to host a GNAC tournament Quarterfinal match-up on Tuesday, February 25.
- Albertus Magnus secured the No. 2 seed in the GNAC tournament and will travel to Paxton, Mass. on Saturday to take on Anna Maria College at 3:00 PM.