Score: Elms College, 63; Emmanuel College, 81
Records: Elms College Blazers (5-9); Emmanuel College Saints (12-2)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College Men's Basketball team recorded a non-conference victory on Wednesday, January 15th against Elms College with a second half offensive surge, led by senior guard Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) and junior Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Within the first eight minutes of play, the teams traded the lead eight times as guards Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.) and Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) controlled the EC offense while David Lopez Jr. (Willimantic, Conn.) and DJ Edelen (Prince George, Va.) continued to match for the Blazers, 16-13.
- Justin Feliciano (Springfield, Mass.) connected on a three-point attempt to extend the lead for the Blazers to six, 19-13, and continued to hold the momentum allowing Jaijuan Macklin (Sayreville, NJ) to finish a layup, 23-16.
- EC started to kick up the offensive attack with six and a half remaining in the half thanks to the spark of a steal and fast-break layup by Devin Pulsifer (Winthrop, Mass.) and continued with six late half points by Riddick, three-point shot by Gio Ciampa (Tewksbury, Mass.) and a strong paint presence by Ted Weber (Orange, Conn.), closing out the half ahead 41-38.
- A strong serge in the beginning of the second half extended the lead for the Saints as Riddick and Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) made back-to-back three-point shots along with a layup by Crisafulli to open the game up, 51-38.
- Nikolas Brown (Wellington, Fla.) stopped the momentum with a layup of his own, but sharp shooting by Dan Flaherty (Warwick, R.I.), Blake Hardy (Waterbury, Conn.) and Fox pushed the Saints to an 18-point lead with nine minutes left in regulation.
- Moulder connected late in the game for the Saints with matching shots from behind the arc, cementing the twelfth victory of the season for EC, 81-63.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Four of the five Emmanuel starters scored double-digit points, led by a game-high 15 points by Riddick with Crisafulli right behind with a double-double of 14 points and 14 rebounds.
- Feliciano was the only Blazer to reach the ten-point mark, recording four rebounds, three assists and three steals as well.
- Elms will be back to conference play as they travel to New England College on Saturday, January 18th for an NECC contest.
- Emmanuel will attempt to extend their winning streak to six on January 18th at 1PM as they host Great Northeast Athletic Conference foe Lasell College.