Emmanuel College, 90; Rivier University, 76
Emmanuel College Saints (11-2, 0-0 GNAC)
Rivier University Raiders (3-10, 0-0 GNAC)
Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Saturday, January 11, 2020
THE LEAD: All five starters scored in double-figures highlighted by a career-high 23 point outing by junior Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) to lift Emmanuel College past Rivier University, 90-76, Saturday afternoon in men's basketball action on the Andy Yosinoff Court in Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rivier senior guard Josh L'Heureux (Dracut, Mass.) buried a three to open the game to give the guests a 3-0 lead before EC rattled off 13 straight points capped by a Moulder triple to give the Saints a 13-3 advantage with 14:56 to play.
- The Saints led by as many as 13 in the first half before Rivier cut the deficit to three at 38-35 following a steal and layup by Nikolas Pignone (Stoneham, Mass.) with 47 seconds to play but Moulder drained a three before the half's close to account for a 41-35 score at the break.
- Emmanuel took control of the action early in the second stanza with the help of an 8-0 spurt, fueled by threes by juniors Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) and Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.) to regain a double-digit lead at 54-44 with 15:36 left.
- EC grew the lead up to 17 points (84-67) which was too much for Rivier to overcome as the hosts coasted to the 90-76 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Moulder finished the day with 23 points on 8-of-14 shooting from the field including 6-of-10 from behind the arc and added three assists and three rebounds.
- Crisafulli posted his second double-double of the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds while Fox also registered a double-double with 15 points and a game-high 12 boards.
- Rivier senior Issaiah Chappell (Sunapee, N.H.) shared the game-high lead with 23 points while sophomore Pharaoh Davis (Plainville, Mass.) added 15 points off the bench.
- EC senior Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) and Ciampa each finished the action with 11 points, Riddick adding a career-high seven assists.
- Emmanuel held a commanding 52-28 advantage in rebounding including a season-high 19 offensive boards.
- EC returns to action on Wednesday January 15, playing host to Elms College at 5:00 PM.
- The Raiders are idle until next Saturday, January 19 when they host Regis College at 3:00 PM in their GNAC opener.