Emmanuel College, 99; Pine Manor, 60
Emmanuel College Saints (8-2, 0-0 GNAC)
Pine Manor College Gators (2-8 overall)
Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
THE LEAD: Four players netted double-figures while 14 players scored in a well-rounded team effort to power the Emmanuel College men's basketball team past visiting Pine Manor College, 99-60, Tuesday evening in non-conference action on the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The contest was tight for the first nine minutes of action, seeing 12 lead changes and five ties over the span to a 21-20 score on a hoop by EC junior Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.). The hoop by Crisafulli with 11:24 left in the stanza gave Emmanuel the lead for good.
- It stayed a single-possession game until sophomore Giovanni Ciampa (Tewksbury, Mass.) drained his second three of the half to pull the Saints to a 33-27 lead with 7:47 to play in the half.
- Over the final seven minutes and change of the first half, Emmanuel put the game out of reach by closing the period on a 27-8 run fueled by seven points from Crisafulli.
- EC shot over 57% from the floor in the half including 9-for-18 from downtown while outrebounding the Gators by a 25-17 margin at the break.
- Emmanuel crushed any hope of a Gator comeback with an 11-0 run to open the second half to make it 71-35 following a layup by junior forward Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.).
- Pine Manor had no answer for the Saints potent offensive production as the hosts spread the ball out over the final 10 minutes of play to coast to a 99-60 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Crisafulli finished the action with a game-high 19 points to go along with five boards, three assists, two blocks and one steal.
- Junior sharp shooter Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) added 15 points on 4-for-7 shooting from long range while senior Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) chipped in with 14 points, seven boards and six assists.
- Fox was one rebound shy of a double-double, posting 13 points and nine rebounds, also adding three helpers.
- Ciampa chipped in with nine points and four helpers while sophomore reserve Will Parsons (Rowley, Mass.) added a career-high eight points in 11 minutes of action.
- EC first-year Brendan Kade (Summerville, S.C.) connected on the first two points of his collegiate career in the victory, draining a pair from the free throw line in the win to go along with three rebounds and one blocked shot.
- Junior center Sayvonn Houston (Brockton, Mass.) paced Pine Manor with 17 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the double-double.
- First year Jalen Williams (Tariffville, Conn.) scored 15 points while senior Jamel Hamans (Meriden, Conn.) contributed 13 points in the loss.
- The Saints are now idle until 2020 when they pick up again on January 2 against Saint Joseph's College (ME) in the Catholic Charities Tournament hosted in Weston, Mass. by Regis College.
- Pine Manor closes its semester this Thursday, December 12 when they take on No. 25 Amherst College on the road at 5:30 PM.