Scores: Emmanuel College, 1; Pine Manor College, 2
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (2-3)
Pine Manor College Gators (5-1-1)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Saturday, September 14, 2019
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College Saint's lost an overtime heartbreaker, despite an early game goal by sophomore Alec Erksine (Coventry, Conn.), as Pine Manor's Oscar Uriel Roque (Santa Rosa, Calif.) scored both goals including the game winner in the ninety-third minute, 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pine Manor started the game with an aggressive attack in the offensive half of the field, but the Saints were able to counter nine minutes into the game with a pass to the corner by senior William Burdick (Scarborough, Maine) to sophomore Campbell Shealy (Lexington, S.C.) who laid the ball into the box for sophomore Alex Erksine's (Coventry, Conn.) fifth goal of the season, 1-0.
- The Gators remained strong through the half, scoring ten minutes later as Oscar Uriel Roque (Santa Rosa, Calif.) scored his fourth goal of the season from an assist by Elmer Pineda (Santa Rosa, Calif.), 1-1.
- Soon thereafter, Pine Manor went man-down due to a red card from senior Raudel Gomez (Eagle Pass, Texas), but the Saints were not able to capitalize going into break tied, 1-1.
- In the second period, the Gators outshot the Saints 6-2 but were not able to find the back of the net despite seven corner kick opportunities, closing out the second period tied 1-1 to force overtime.
- After a quick break and a quick shot by the Gators, the forty-eight minute shutout was broken up as Pine Manor's Roque scored his second goal of the day heeling the ball into the net from a cross by Pineda, closing the game 2-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints were down in every offensive category, including down on shots 17-6 and corner kicks 7-3.
- Goalkeeper Conelli recorded six saves in his second loss of the year, while junior Angel Pena (Eagle Pass, Texas) recorded two saves for Pine Manor.
- The Saints look ahead to Friday, September 20th for the first Great Northeast Athletic Conference matchup of the year as EC will head to Vermont to face Norwich University at 6:30 PM.
- Pine Manor will be back at home on Wednesday, September 18th to face Lesley University at 4:00 PM.