Score: Colby-Sawyer College, 70; Emmanuel College, 89
Records: Colby-Sawyer Chargers (9-11, 3-3 GNAC); Emmanuel College Saints (17-3, 5-1 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Tuesday, February 4th, 2020
THE LEAD: Junior Jack Moulder scored a career-high 24 points on a shooting barrage from downtown to lift the Emmanuel College Men's basketball squad to a big Great Northeast Athletic Conference win over Colby-Sawyer College on Tuesday evening, 89-70.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Chargers took a quick four-point lead within the first minute and a half off of quick back-to-back buckets by Dana Bean (Franklin, N.H.), but back to back three-pointers by Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) and Gio Ciampa (Tewksbury, Mass.) brought the Saints ahead 8-6. The visiting team went on to extend the lead up to six as Bean continued to own the paint, but junior Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) went off from three-point land, taking the lead back for the Saints, 22-21, with ten minutes left in the half.
- Patrick Coffey (Westford, Mass.) of Colby-Sawyer took control back for the Chargers, but Moulder continued to be an offensive marksman, keeping the game close. With 6:30 remaining in the half, Fox completed an and-one and was followed by three-pointers by Ciampa and Moulder, but Colby-Sawyer was able to stay ahead to close out the half with jump shots by Coffey and Kyle Landrigan (Madbury, N.H.), 43-42.
- The Saints opened the half with yet another shot by Moulder and continued the momentum to take a lead with a three-point jump shot and jump shot by Blake Hardy (Waterbury, Conn.) and pair of layups by Fox and Dan Flaherty (Warwick, R.I.), 57-51, with 13 minutes in regulation.
- EC was able to control the final minutes of regulation as the Chargers struggled with numerous fouls. Riddick, Fox, Ciampa and Owen Greene (Killingworth, Conn.) all sunk late game free-throws to solidify the GNAC victory for the Saints, 89-70.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Moulder led the Saints with a game-high 24 points, while pulling down four rebounds and a steal. Teammate Fox recorded a double-double with 19 points and ten rebounds as well.
- Coffer was the leading scorers for the Chargers, recording 18 points, two rebounds and three assists. Bean was close behind with an additional 16 points, nine rebounds, two blocks and three assists.
- The Chargers will have five days to prepare for hosting Lasell College on Saturday, February 8th at 1PM.
- The Saints only have one day to prepare before facing cross-city GNAC rival Suffolk University on Thursday, February 6th at 7PM.