Score: Lesley University, 68; Emmanuel College, 91
Records: Lesley University Lynx (0-4); Emmanuel College Saints (2-0)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
THE LEAD: Junior Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) shot the Saints to the first victory of the Tip-Off Classic against the Lynx of Lesley University, shooting an almost perfect 8-11 from the field on his way to a game-high 23 points on Friday evening at the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- EC moved to a quick lead to begin the game as junior guard Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) hit three shots from behind the arc despite a full court press by the Lynx, opening the game 15-2.
- The Lynx struggled to control the ball as the defense of the Saints only allowed an additional eight points through the first 10 minutes of play, including three points by Treyvon Trent (Virginia Beach, Va.). The Saints owned the paint with layups by senior Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) and Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) through the next five minutes of play to extend the lead, 37-14.
- Through the final five minutes of the half, Lesley was able to put an additional ten points on the board as Chase Howard (San Diego, Calif.) took back some control in the paint, but EC continued to extend the lead with late half free throws by Riddick and layup by Kendrick Jean-Francois (Lynn, Mass.), closing out the half 54-24.
- Both teams traded buckets through the first five minutes of play, 64-38, before the Lynx started to close the lead with back-to-back three pointers by Kyle Murphy (West Warwick, R.I.) and Trent, 66-42. Moulder then matched with a three of his own along with a layup by teammate Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.) to keep a healthy lead, 71-42.
- Kostas Tatsis (Athens, Greece) and Murphy ran the offense of Lesley through the final five minutes of play, but EC closed out the game with a dunk by David Albanese (Brookfield, Conn.) to solidify the first victory of the Tip Off Classic, 91-68.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Moulder led the day for the Saints scoring a game-high 23 points, going 7-9 from behind the arc along with five rebounds, two assists, one block and a steal.
- Tatsis recorded a double-double on the evening with 14 points and 11 rebounds while teammate Howard tallied 14 points as well.
- The Saints bench accounted for a large portion of the minutes of the contest, outscoring the Lynx bench 30-16.
- Lesley University will be playing Endicott College on Saturday, November 16th at 5:30PM to finish off their competitions at the Tip Off Classic
- The Saints will round out the evening on Saturday with a matchup against Springfield College at 7:30pm to close the men's tournament.